To fully understand sheep milk skincare effectiveness and the benefits it offers you, such as helping to improve the skin barrier function and soothing dry, sensitive skin, it is important to recognise and acknowledge the nutrients contained in sheep milk, which make it so effective as a skincare ingredient.
- Sheep Milk is made up of Vitamins A, B, C and E vitamins, Triglycerides, Capric, Caprylic, and Caproic acids.
- Sheep Milk contains 3 times the Vitamin C of Goat Milk whereas Cow Milk contains none.
- Vitamins B6 & B12 — Aid in adding moisture.
- Triglycerides — Enhance skin elasticity and reinforce the skin’s hydro-lipid barrier.
- Sheep Milk contains major and trace minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Zinc and Iron.
- One of the more significant differences is found in the composition and structure of fat in sheep milk. The fat globules are 1/5th the size of those in cow’s milk. These smaller sized fat globules provide a better dispersion and a more homogeneous mixture of fat in the milk.
- The reaction of sheep milk is alkaline, the same as mother’s milk.
- Rich in Butterfat — As unhealthy as this sounds, it is outstanding for your skin.
- Contains Selenium which is a mineral with antioxidant properties that helps to neutralize free radicals that can cause premature aging of the skin.
Ewe Care sheep milk skincare effectiveness — It is easy to see that each of these nutrients provides unique benefits to the skin, but when combined with sheep milk, the results are incredible – especially for those with sensitive skin, as it helps to rebuild the barrier function of skin while soothing any irritation. A superfood for your skin!